Thursday, June 3, 2010

Imagine...

So I'm going to try this blogging thing, probably for the fourth time. Maybe this time I'll keep up with it. I always feel like I have things to share but I can't seem to take the time to write them down.

I was at church the other day and I heard this passage:
Romans 5: 1-5
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

The part that stuck out to me most was that hope does not dissapoint. It's amazing what people these days are going through, war, famine, genocide, illness, etc. Through all of this there are amazing people out there who are working to make the world a better place and to make a dfference. Their hope in spite of all the bad things in this world, in and of itself is inspiring.

What makes them want to work to make things better when it seems hopeless? If it seems like there is no end in sight, what's the point? The point is that there are people out there that are affected by the work that is being done. The mother who is able to feed her child for one more day. The man who is able to get work and support his family. The elderly who isnt lonely for that hour they are visited. The child that smiles because they are able to play and forget all their troubles.

Just think, if everyone gave one hour of their time or performed one act of kindness, imagine what this world would be like. It's the little battles that we need to look at and observe everyday. There IS kindness in this world and there are people who are willing to help, just open your eyes.

In everyone there is hope that this world can be better. Why else would people do the things they do? God gave us this hope and it will NEVER dissapoint.

Hope keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment